Friday, November 20, 2009

Six Million dollar night!

you're probabbly cracking your heads wondering what the heck does the title mean, ryte? well, for starters, that's the name given for my church's and the St.Francis of Assisi's Parish fund-raising dinner which me and my family attended yesterday.It was pretty fantastic actually. It as held at the Sunway Resort Hotel and my, was the place impressive! The dinner was held at one of the ballrooms and there was quite a big turnout, even people who weren;t of the same faith as us came to support the event..which was pretty cool considering that you have to spend a lot of money that nite since it was a fund-raising dinner





The architecture of the ballroom was beautiful and so was the unique lighting throughout the dinner. The dinner started off with a very special presentation of the food being delivered to the main VVIP table. Four servers came in carrying a decorated chair which sat a woman carrying the main dish. they were all dressed in Egyptian costumes and so was the woman. They stopped at the VVIP table and the woman got down . She then proceeded to place the food on the table accompanied withw music. All of us started clapping once it was over because it was pretty unusual. Some even took pictures but my dad forgot to on his camera so i couldn't get any pics.





The food started being served and we all started eating. Throughout the dinner, there was plenty of entertainment. The emcee's were pretty good and did a good job of entertaining us. there were a few rounds of auctioning valuable stuff since this was a fund-rasing dinner. Those poeple who bidded sure brought pretty fat checkbooks as the prices really got very high. There was even a man who bidded RM 28000 for an extremly expensive necklace. I wonder who is the lucky gal he's going to give it to?She would be swooning at such a gift.LOL.





There was even performances by both the parish priests of each parish. My parish priest, Fr. Simon sang a song by Keith Richard and to our surprise his voice really sounded good (so even if I didn't noe a thing bout the song or the singer..lol..i still enjoyed his singing ). Later there were also lucky draws but sadly I didn't win anything:(. My little 7 year- old brother was so excited over the lucky draws that he took my mum & dad's tickets(since they weren't really interested) so he had a total of three tickets. Although he didn't win anything but it was still amusing to watch him frown seriosly at the tickets each time the emcee announced a number.



the real highlight of the night was when this talented group of singers called "The Idea of North"

went up on stage. Now, I've never really heard of them before so I was rather curious about what I was going tyo expect. To my amazement, they were really fantastic as they were different from anything I've heard before. How? you might ask. Well, first, they performed without any instruments! Secondly, they sang a variety of songs by mixing songs which were well known with songs that were less well-known like folklore songs. They were only 4 people in the group yet they managed to sing so well without any instruments bcos they were really talented. One or two of them would alternately produced sounds while the others sang.



Finally, I had to go home as it was getting late. But all the same I really had a good time at the dinner.Now, my mission is to look up about "The Idea of North " in the Internet. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment